40 Years Of Great Live Music & Dining!
Since November 1972, the Towne Crier Cafe has presented the finest in live folk, jazz, blues, Celtic, bluegrass, cajun, zydeco, roots and world music. Connoisseurs of fine dining and live music from throughout Upstate New York's Hudson Valley have found it worth the little adventure to visit our intimate club in the Pawling - Quaker Hill area in Dutchess County for evenings with talent such as Rosanne Cash, Alison Krauss, Arlo Guthrie, Lucinda Williams, Don McLean, Richie Havens, Livingston Taylor, Shawn Colvin, Pete Seeger, Suzanne Vega, Leon Redbone and many, many more who have performed on our stage.
Signup for Newsletter
This list has a
The Towne Crier is available for private parties, seminars, business meetings and all types of affairs. We'll design a memorable party for you. Contact us to create your event!
More Than Just Great Music
Our highly acclaimed dining experience features a variety of delicacies, prepared fresh by our executive chef, Erich Panhofer, and our renowned pastry chef Mary Ciganer. See our menus.
Towne Crier Cafe's
OPEN MIC NIGHTS
Wednesdays & Thursdays, 7 PM (unless otherwise noted)
Since 1988, the Towne Crier Cafe has hosted open mics which have attracted musicians from all over the Hudson Valley and the tri-state area. It has been referred to by many as the finest open mic in the northeast because of the comfortable, respectful atmosphere and good sound. This open mic attracts high-caliber talent, some of which have gone on to become national attractions, such as Sloan Wainwright, "Gandalf Murphy," The Mammals, etc.
Wednesdays hosted by Dave Goldenberg
Thursdays hosted by Don Lowe
all seats $4
Performers sign up in-person between 5 - 7 PM
Open Mic Sign-up ...Online!
If you can't make it to the Towne Crier to sign up in person before the show starts, you can sign up online only on the day of the open mic between 3:30 and 6:30pm. Those signing up online will be integrated into the formal signup sheet at the Towne Crier Cafe. Check your time slot with our host upon arrival.
How To Sign Up Online:
After reading the following information...
- If you sign up online, you are expected to attend. We also request that you try to arrive no later than 7:30pm. Failure to appear will forfeit future online sign up privileges.
- Online sign-up is between 3:30 and 6:30pm, only on the day of the show. Start time is 7pm.
- $4 admission for all
...please send your name, the number of musicians and your contact info to firstname.lastname@example.org
TCC Open Mic Format:
- Please limit your performance to 2 songs of reasonable length or 10 minutes.
- Participants are encouraged to support their fellow performers by remaining till the end of the evening.
- The Towne Crier Cafe supplies the following equipment: PA, monitors, mics, cables, DI boxes, a music stand and a qualified sound person. You need to bring anything else you require.
- Bands or groups requiring set up must arrive early, complete preparation by no later than 6:45pm and wait to break down until the end of the evening.
- Guitar cases, etc. must be stored in the designated corner of Cafe to adhere Fire & Safety requirements.
If you plan to have dinner with us, our kitchen opens at 3pm. Reservations are accepted.
Towne Crier Cafe
Open evenings Wed thru Sun; Closed Mon & Tues
130 Route 22, Pawling, NY · (845) 855-1300